Call for Proposals
The GHSCS organizing committee is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for the 2017 Summit. The 2017 conference will be held at Hotel Kempinski, Accra, Ghana. The 10th Global Health Supply Chain Summit (GHSCS) will focus on Linking to the Future of Global Health Supply Chain Management. To achieve this the summit will explore enhancing the role of private sector, emerging technology trends & their enablement, and workforce development & empowerment issues.
The conference will assemble a collection of experts in the field – academics, country planners, NGOs, logistics practitioners, expert from industry and donor representatives to explore these topics. The three day conference will include two days of presentations and discussions and one day of training regarding best practice tools in supply chain management. Attendees will thus get access to both best practice results as well as “how-to” ideas for implementation in their respective contexts. The format will involve focused presentations of around 20 – 30 minutes, themed break-out discussions, keynote speakers and training tutorials.
The GHSCS Program Committee is currently seeking proposals for focused presentations.
To be considered for presentation at this workshop, please send an extended abstract of at most 600 words to Prof. Yehuda Bassok (email@example.com) by September 4, 2017. This abstract should contain the following information:
- Complete author information including affiliations, titles, telephone numbers and emails. The individual(s) who would come to present at the workshop should be clearly indicated;
- A description of the work being proposed for presentation including context, motivation, methodology & work timeline, results and interpretation. As part of the context discussion, we also encourage a statement of how other practitioners may be addressing/have addressed similar challenges in different geographies; presenters of academic papers should include a short literature review;
- A brief description of the talk outline and key material being presented should be provided. We strongly encourage applicants to also email those presentation slides along with the proposal; preliminary version of the slides is also acceptable when accompanies by a short explanation of expected updates in the final presentation;
- A discussion of how the proposed talk fits with the theme of the conference, and how it may benefit participants.
Proposals and presentations may be written and delivered in English or French. Simultaneous translation will be provided in the conference.
- Submission deadline: September 4, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: September 25, 2017
- Conference: November 15-17, 2017
Program Chair: Professor Yehuda Bassok, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Professor Ravi Anupindi, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (USA)
- Kjetil Bordvik, Senior Adviser – Global Health at Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services , Government of Norway, Oslo (Norway)
- Professor Sriram Dasu, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (USA)
- Liuichi Hara, Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Denmark)
- Professor Ananth Iyer, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (USA)
- Lloyd Matowe, Pharmaceutical Systems Africa (Liberia, Nigeria, & Zambia)
- Thidiane Ndoye, Task Order Director, Population and Reproductive Health
- Noel Watson, OpsMend (USA)
- Prashant Yadav, Strategy Leader-Supply Chain Integrated Delivery, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (USA)
Ghana Local Committee:
- Professor Mahama Duwiejua, Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, in Kumasi, Ghana
- Inua Yusuf (Alhaji). Dep Dir of Pharmaceutical ServicesGhana Health Service, Hq, Accra MSc; Ghana.